Great news! I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thanks so much https://rockpaperspirit.com/ for the nomination. I’m so excited for this opportunity!
RULES OF THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you for the blog post and add their link to your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions which your nominator asked you.
3. Nominate up to 11 new bloggers for the award and write them 11 new questions for the same.
4. Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
5. List the rules and add the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
I would like to nominate the following amazing 10 bloggers. Some of them I’ve been following for a long time now, while some others I have just discovered. Please send me a message to let me know when your own Sunshine Blogger Award posts are up!
1. Amsterdam Tourist Guide
2. Dine and Fash
3. The Green Shoestring
4. Cranky Actress Blog
5. Ryan Miller
6. The Gal Pals
7. Tim Van de Vall
8. Douglas Taurel Acting Blog
9. Actor Adnan Zey Blog
10. Little Travel Bird
What made you start blogging?
I originally started my website to share my experiences while acting and to further promote myself as an actor. After uprooting my life and moving from Toronto to Amsterdam, I decided to document our travels and soon after discovered that I enjoy sharing my advice on travel and love of food. With this newly discovered passion, I continued my journey by blogging for other publications.
What was your first blog post about?
My first post was simply introducing my site to the world, and reminiscing about my year of acting accomplishments. I was very fortunate to be involved in many plays consistently at that time.
What’s your favourite biscuit/cookie?
Oh gosh, do I have to choose? I have such a sweet tooth and a weakness for all sweets (as long as they are gluten free of course). I must say my top 3 are ginger molasses (from The Rooster Coffee House in downtown Toronto), shortbread and peanut butter!
Who would be your dream interview subject?
Meryl Streep! Hands down! I admire, respect and idolize her amazing talent, and her as a person in the media. She is brilliant!
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Can I play myself? I am an actress haha. If not, then Melissa Ivy Rauch from Big Bang Theory (she plays Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz). Melissa is sooo talented and hilarious.
If you could visit any country, which one would it be and why?
My current bucket list of places to explore keeps on growing with no end in sight. After some recent research and reading other people’s awesome travel blogs, on the top of my list are the southern areas of Africa, closely followed by Thailand. Each have their own unique sense of adventure, beauty, fun activities and history.
The world is ending and you can only write one more blog post. What is it about?
About my appreciation and thanks to all of my love ones. I would not be who I am, and where I am, without their continual love and support.
What tips do you have for me on how to improve my blog?
You have such an amazing blog! I love that you recommend books, and would encourage that you continue with explaining what you like about them and what the reader would get out of it.
Who would be your dream brand to work with and why?
Does the Academy count as a brand? I’d love to stand next to Oscar! No? Okay then let us move to another love of mine, shoes! I’d love to work with Christian Louboutin, who isn’t obsessed with that red sole?
Which is better: having a niche or having no niche?
Hmm, having a niche. That means you have a specific passion for something in particular. Even if it’s unique or different, there is always someone out there that may also be interested and soak up your every word.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers and congratulations to everyone for being nominated for this award!
1. What is your biggest challenge with blogging?
2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
3. Any advice for beginners to the blogging community?
4. What is one thing you want to do or learn in 2018 and how will this make you a better person?
5. What is the last thing you Googled?
6. Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest? And why?
7. Favorite taco spot?
8. What is the last article you read that made an impact?
9. What inspires you?
10. How do you think technology will impact future blogging and will you adapt to cutting-edge blogging technology as it becomes available?
Thanks so much and congrats!